The Albuquerque Chapter of The Gospel Coalition was formed in November, 2010, when a group of broadly Reformed preaching pastors decided to formalize their friendships under the umbrella of TGC’s Foundation Documents. Through this partnership, our hope and prayer is to see the gospel of Christ spread more broadly throughout our region as it takes deeper root in our lives as pastors and in the lives of our churches.
Chapter members gather quarterly for several hours over lunch to promote fellowship and pastoral connectivity, spurring one another on as those who fill the pulpits at gospel-centered and Reformation-minded churches in our area.
Through these meetings we hope to accomplish a number of things:
- Overt relationships and partnerships between churches
- Prayer for each other, our ministries, and our cities
- Burden bearing and advice getting
- Discussion of theology and ministry philosophy
- Networking for shepherding members in transition between churches
- Possible partnerships for ministry and mission
In partnership with Desert Springs Church, TGC Albuquerque hosts an annual theology conference called Clarus, a Latin word that means “clear, bright, or radiant.” Clarus began in 2005 and became the Southwest Regional Conference of The Gospel Coalition in 2011. Past speakers include D.A. Carson, G.K. Beale, Paul Tripp, Sam Storms, Wayne Grudem, and others.
For past audio and to learn more about CLARUS, visit clarusabq.com.